Quick Task: Add to Envelope List
This article provides steps to use Quick Tasks to add filtered individuals to a current envelope list.
Within the Quick Tasks section, a staff member can add filtered individuals to a current envelope list. This is useful for adding a new envelope list or adding new families to the Directory and ensuring all individuals with particular characteristics are on the envelope lists.
Only families or individuals with addresses and envelope numbers can be added to envelope lists.
Here are the steps:
1. From Directory go to Quick Tasks in the main menu.
2. Filter for the desired results. (Tags, Demographics, Status, and Date) For information about filtering, see this article. Be sure to select Families from the Demographics filter to add the whole family.
To create a list of individuals to receive envelope numbers such as youth for a children’s mailing, select Individuals instead. These individuals must be marked as “track separately with a unique envelope number from their family.
3. Click Apply Filter. To view the list, click on View Results.
4. Click on Add to Envelope List.
Note* This does not remove anyone from the list.
5. From the drop down menu, select the list to which you would like the filtered members added.
6. Click Add to Envelope List.
The system provides how many families are eligible to be added to the list. Families who are already on the list are excluded as well as families without envelope numbers or addresses, as both are required.
7. Click Yes to confirm the action to continue.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when finished viewing.