Run a Tax Report from the Reporting Menu
This article provides steps to run a Tax Report from the Reporting menu.
A separate tax letter is generated for families, and individuals within the family who are tracked separately. Many families track all member data within the family under one envelope number no matter who in the family may have given donations. There is an opportunity, however, to assign an individual their own envelope number and track them separately if desired.
Tax reports can be created with the donor’s address listed in the header of a number 10 windowed envelope. This option is available to select under the Mailing Options on the Tax Report.
Steps to generate tax reports from the Reporting menu:
1. From Giving go to Reporting.
2. From the Select Report Type dropdown menu choose Tax Report.
3. From the Configure Report screen choose Report Timeframe using the year (the previous 7 will be displayed) or custom date range.
4. Customize the cover letter using the Rich Text toolbar. (Bold, Italicize or Underline as desired.)
5. Select the Send Emails option to automatically email tax statements to donors that have email addresses.
6. Click and open the Mailing Options drop down menu to select the select the preferred Label Format. Labels will be printed in the same order as the cover letters.
Note* The Tax Report supports #10 windowed envelopes. The option is available under the Mailing Options and will create tax reports with the donor’s address listed in the header.The labels are in the same order (top of column 1 to bottom, then top of column 2, etc.) as are the envelopes and the letter saves for future use and editing.
7. Click on Run Tax Report.
8. When the confirmation request appears click YES to process the report (PDF).
Note* Donors that have email addresses will be emailed a PDF copy of their tax statement. Any statements that cannot be emailed will be included in a zip file and downloaded.
Click here for more information on how to run a tax report via the family or member screen in Directory or for how to run a tax report via Online Giving or how donors download tax statements.