Add an Offering to Create a Batch and Post it
This article provides steps to create a new batch for physical offerings and then post it.
Staff can create a batch for physical offerings, and post it. If the name or envelope number is recognized in the system there is no need to add as much demographic information allowing for a more streamlined process to create a batch of physical offerings and post it, especially now that the last fund entered remains the default until it is changed.
If the name entered is not recognized, the system provides an option to Add a Guest Family. Click here for information that provides the steps to add a guest family.
Complete these steps to add an offering to create a batch and post it:
1. From Giving go to Offerings.
2. Click on Add Offering.
3. Name the batch.
4. Enter the Date of the contributions.
5. When a contribution is added, the fund defaults to the previous fund selection until it is changed.
6. Click on the Start button to create a batch.
7. Contributions can be entered quickly over and over using an Envelope number and tabbing over, or entering a family name, then the n information.
8. Click on the ADD button to process. The batch totals increase with every addition.
Begin again, and enter the information for the next offering.
Note* The batch totals are able to be viewed on the Batch Totals card and the list of offerings for the date entered are listed below on the Offerings card.
10. Click on the Post Offering button once all the offerings for the batch have been entered.
Note* Posting the offering closes the offering to any further contributions and posts the contributions to the directory.
11. Check to see that the summary of totals and the date of deposit are correct. The date of deposit can still be changed here.
12. Click on the POST button to process.
Note* The new batch is listed on the Offerings screen. There may be more than one batch for any given date. The status remains as Open until Posted. (See Step 15 above.)
Click here for more information about physical offerings.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.