Add a Guest Family when Adding an Offering to Create a Batch
This article provides steps to add a guest family when creating a new batch for physicalofferings.
When staff is creating a batch for physical offerings, and the name entered is not recognized, the system provides an option to Add a Guest Family. This article provides information on what to do to add a guest family. Click here for another article that provides more information about posting the batch when all physical offerings are entered.
Complete these steps tosteps to add a guest family when creating a new batch for physicalofferings.
1. From Giving go to Offerings.
2. Click on Add Offering.
3. Name the batch.
4. Enter the Date of the contributions.
5. When a contribution is added, the fund defaults to the previous fund selection until it is changed.
6. Click on the Start button to create a batch.
Note* When the system recognizes the name or envelope number, contributions can be entered quickly over and over using an Envelope number and tabbing over, or entering a family name, then the contribution information and selecting Add. Click herefor more information.
When staff is creating a batch for physical offerings, and a name entered is not recognized, the system provides an option to Add a Guest Family.
7. If the name entered is not recognized, click on the button to Add as a Guest Family.
8. Enter the demographic information that is known for the Guest Family. The Batch Totals increase with each addition.
Enter the First and Last Name.
Enter the Phone Number.
Enter the Address including the City, State, and the Zip Code.
Enter the amount of the physical contribution.
Enter the Check number if one was provided. (Skip this step if there is no check number. The offering will be referenced as cash.)
Enter the Fund. (The default is the last fund that was selected.)
Enter notes if provided.
9. Click on the ADD button to process.
Note* The addition becomes a part of the batch. Begin again, by entering the information for the next offering.
Clickherefor more information on adding an offering to create a batch and then posting it and herefor more information about physical offerings.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.