Merge Two User Accounts
This article provides steps to merge two user accounts together.
A Tech Support user is able to merge two user accounts or two donor accounts into one account so that the organization can clean up duplicate data. Support is able to view and compare data on the users or donors prior to merging. Be sure you are able to make the change prior to merging. The account owners need to be contacted to ensure you have the authority to merge the account. All the data associated with the one account is taken and merged into another account and the old account removed. A merge is not able to be reversed once completed. Users and Donors considered for a merge can belong to multiple organizations.
Here are the steps to merge two user accounts:
1. From the Organization Detail page, select the Merge User button from the menu .
2. Select two users to merge from the Merge Users card. Before performing this action, you must have permission from the affected user impacted by this change.
3. Populate each input box with the appropriate user's email address; the user to merge from and the user to merge to. Email is how the user is identified.
4. Check the box that indicates permission has been granted from the user to make this change. This is required.
5. Select the Preview button.
The system compares the data of the first user and the data of the second user and presents information. The data highlighted in blue is what is different between the two systems indicating what was there previously and what the new values are. Profiles with conflicting directory entry associations are highlighted in red and cannot be merged. The issue has to be resolved first.
There are no limits or restrictions for the type of users that can be merged, regardless of activity.
6. Select Merge Users.
7. Enter name to confirm the action.
8. Click on Confirm.
Note* Merging is supported for guest accounts but is not appropriate for managed accounts.