Home Page Layout
This article describes the basic design sections of the home page.
A home page is the main web page of a website. The rows that are included in the Home page Layout are consistent across all templates.
Below is the layout for the home page from top to
- Header - The layout of the home page can vary based on the chosen template. The header at the top of the homepage typically includes a place for a logo, a physical address, and the navigation links.
- Top Row with Image - Near the center of the home page there is a customizable "Welcome" area for text and a button that can link to an "About Us" page for more information about the church.
- Icons with Anchor Points or Page Links - Next are some quick links typically pointing toward Mass or Service Times, Directions, Religious Education, and Upcoming Events. The quick links are customizable.
- Mission Statement - The next space can contain a Mission Statement or other information about the church.
- Photo Gallery with Page Links - The next area includes four customizable spaces that by default point to Religious Education, RCIA, Giving and Ministries. This can vary based on the template you have chosen. The images and text can all be changed.
- Mass Times - The next section includes Mass or Service information.
- Follow Us section with social media - This next space includes links to your social media information. It is customizable.
- Upcoming Events - This area includes upcoming events. This is customizable. On some templates this may include recorded sermons.
- Scripture Quote - This section could include a scripture quote with an image.
- Online Giving - Next is a link for your donors to donate online.
- Footer - And lastly, is the footer that you see on every page. This includes navigation links, contact information, and a link to registration.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.