Add Member to Family in Directory
This article provides steps to add a member to a family in Directory.
You can use the Add Family Member feature when a family at your parish has a new child to be added to their Directory entry or you otherwise need to add a member not included when the family was created in Directory.
Note* if two Directory members are being married, or one Directory member is marrying a new parish member not yet entered, the simplest way to add the new spouse is to instead use the Perform Marriage Life Event.
To add a member to a family in Directory, complete the following steps:
- In the Directory Dashboard, enter the family name to search for the family.
- Click the family to view the family details page.
- In the family detail card, click the ellipsis (three vertical dots) to view the dropdown menu.
- Select Add Family Member in the dropdown menu.
- Enter the Title, Name (first, middle, last, and/or preferred), and demographic information of the new family member.
- When all the information for the new family member has been entered, click Add Family Member to complete the process.
The new family member now appears in the Family Members page:
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.