Track Individuals Separately
This article provides steps to track a member separately.
Most families in Directory track all member data within the family. There may be instances where there is a need to give an individual member their own envelope number. For example, sending individual children envelopes in the mail. To add those members to an envelope list they must be marked as Track Separately.
Note: When an individual is tracked separately the individual’s data on the family contribution page can be seen, but the contributions are NOT included in the Family Tax Letter.
If a family has more than one Public Account via Online Giving, they are not automatically set as Track Separately and their individual data will be reflected in the family contributions.
Here are the steps to track a member separately:
1. From Directory go to Families and Members in the main menu.
2. Click on the desired family to view family details.
3. Click on Family Member in the main menu.
4. Click on View Details of the member to track separately.
5. Click on the ellipsis to view the drop down menu.
6. Select Track Separately from the drop down list. (If Track Separately does not appear in the menu it may be because no envelope number has been set on the Family card yet. Click on the link for information to set an envelope number at the family level first.)
Enter a new envelope number in the dialogue box. If auto-increment is set up for your organization the next available number appears in the dialogue box to start tracking the member's contributions separately from this family. The auto incremented envelope number can also be overridden and set manually. Once tracked separately, users can be assigned to their own Envelope Lists and download their own tax report.
7. Click on the Track Separately button.
Once tracked separately, the member has their own envelope number, address (which can be updated), and envelope list. They are their own entity. They can get their own envelopes and track all of their money separately. From an organization perspective they are independent for a lot of the reporting and usage within the system.
Click here for information on how to Remove Track Separately.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.