Run a Tax Report for a Member from Online Giving
This article provides steps to run a tax report for a member from Online Giving via the Account Detail screen.
Staff can run a tax report in Giving from Accounts that includes the fund summary and the contribution details. Tax reports can also be run for a family or member through Directory or from the Reporting menu.
Complete these steps to run a Tax report from Online Giving:
1. From Giving go to Accounts and locate and open the desired Account detail page.
2. Click on the ellipsis (3 vertical dots) to open the drop-down menu.
3. Select Tax Report.
4. From the Configure Report screen choose the Report Timeframe using the year (the previous 7 will be displayed) or a custom date range.
Note* The donor's name is pre-populated into the Donor field.
5. Enter the minimum total contribution. The system remembers and will pre populate the last amount entered into the field until it is changed.
Setting the minimum total contribution will limit the tax report to only consist of donors who have given more than the minimum total contribution amount in the given time period.
6. Customize the cover letter using the Rich Text toolbar. (Bold, Italicize or Underline as desired.)
7. Check the Send Emails box to automatically email tax statements to donors who have emails addresses.
8. From the drop down list on mailing options select the preferred label format. Tax reports can be created with the donor’s address listed in the header of a number 10 windowed envelope.
9. Click on Run Tax Report.
10. Answer Yes to continue for the confirmation statement, “Donors that have email addresses will be emailed a copy of their tax statement. Any statements that cannot be emailed will be included in a PDF and downloaded. Do you want to continue?”
11. A pop up message confirms the Tax Statement email has been sent.
Note* Donors that have email addresses will be emailed a PDF copy of their tax statement. Any statements that cannot be emailed will be included in a zip file and downloaded.
The Contributions Summary contains a fund summary and the contribution details.
Note* An account also tied to the Directory will result in a more comprehensive report that may include cash and check transactions, physical contributions and/or contributions created through the Offerings page if the organization attributed them to the donor. But, an account that is only tied to Online Giving will only result in the Online Giving transactions.
Click here for information on how donors download tax statements.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.