Send a Customized Thank You Email to Donors who Make Pledges
This article provides steps to send a customized thank you email to donors who make pledges.
The donor receives a pledge statement thank you note email, in which they can view the name of the fund, their donations, progress and how much they have left to fulfill their pledge for the particular fund. This is significant because a donor may pledge to many different funds.
Additionally, within the email the donor receives, a link is provided to take them directly to their online donor account, in case they desire to make a gift.
A staff member can also send a customized pledge statement to a donor to view the state of the pledge.
Complete the following steps to send a customized thank you email:
1. From Giving go to Funds.
2. Click on the Fund to see the Fund Details.
3. Click on Pledges.
4. Click on Filters.
5. Ensure the Thank you Sent and Thank You Not Sent filters are selected.
6. Click Apply.
7. From the Pledges screen click on the ellipsis to view the drop-down menu.
8. Select Send Thank You Email.
9. Select Yes to confirm you want to continue. (The system displays how many recipients will receive an email message and how many are not eligible to because they do not have an email address.)
Note* The donor receives a pledge statement thank you note email, in which they can view the name of the fund, their pledge amount, how much they have donated, how many days to goal, and how much they have left on their pledge.
Additionally, within that email, the My Gifts button is a link provided to the donor to conveniently take them directly to their online donor account, if they desire to make a gift.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.