Track Individuals Separately
This article provides steps to track a member separately.
When a Directory member is marked Track Separately, the system tracks certain data associated with that individual separately from the data of the family to which they belong. For example, once a member is tracked separately, the member is given his or her own envelope number and can be added individually to envelope lists. The member's address can also be updated separately from the family address. Finally, the member's contributions are tracked separately from the family's contributions. Therefore, the tracked separately member receives his or her own contribution letter when you run the Tax Report.
If a family has more than one matched Public Account in Online Giving, the accounts are not automatically set as Track Separately, and data from each Public Account will be reflected in the family contributions.
Note* When an individual is tracked separately, the individual’s data still appears on the family contribution page; however, the individual’s contributions are NOT included in the Family Tax Letter.
Complete the following steps to track a member separately:
1. In Directory, go to Families and Members in the main menu.
2. Search for the desired family, and then select the family to view family details.
3. Select Family Members in the main menu.
4. Click the View Details button of the member you want to track separately.
Note* Heads of Household cannot be tracked separately. To track a current head of household separately, first Change the Head of Household to spouse and then track the member separately.
5. On the Member Detail page, click the ellipsis to view the drop-down menu.
6. In the drop-down menu, select Track Separately.
Note* If Track Separately does not appear in the menu, it may be because no envelope number has been set on the Family card. Set an Envelope Number at the family level before tracking the member separately.
7. Enter a new envelope number in the dialogue box. If auto-increment is set up for your organization, the next available number appears in the dialogue box. You can also override the auto-incremented envelope number and set the number manually if you prefer.
8. Click the Track Separately button.
The member's individual envelope number, envelope lists, and address now appear on the Member Detail page.
You can remove the track separately status from a member if needed. For more information, please see Remove Track Separately.
Note* The video is best viewed at full screen. Press Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.