Cancel an Invitation to Self Manage an Account
This article provides steps to cancel an invitation sent to a donor to self-managed their account.
Converting a managed account to a self managed account is a permanent action that cannot be undone once the donor accepts the invitation. However, the administrator can over ride the email invitation that was sent by following the steps to cancel.
The email invitation the administrator sends to a donor inviting them to self manage their account is good for two weeks. If the donor does not respond and accept within that two week timeframe, a red “Expired” banner displays until the staff member cancels or resends the invitation.
Steps to Cancel an Invitation for the Donor to Self Manage their account.
- From Giving go to Accounts.
- Locate the donor’s account by searching in Search All Accounts or Recent Activity.
- Click on the donor’s Managed Account to view the details.
- Click on the ellipses (3 vertical dots) to open the menu.
- From the menu select Cancel Self Managed Account Invitation.
- Click on Yes when the system asks, “Are you sure you want to cancel the invitation for this donor to self manage their account?”The banner indicating the Pending conversion to Self Manage account is removed from the account detail screen.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.