Set up a New Online Fund
This article provides steps and information to fill out the Fund Set up Form to complete the process of adding a New Online Fund.
Here are the steps to set up a new fund using the New Fund Form:
To begin, from Giving go to Funds and click on the New Online Fund button.
Enter information into the New Online Fund Setup Form.
- Enter the Fund Name. The Fund Name you enter will be the name the donors see. (If you are using Parish Data Systems for your Church Management Software, this needs to be the Activity Name to be able to import into your system.)
- Enter the Fund Number if applicable. This only needs to be completed if you are going to import your file from another Church Manager System (CMS). The Fund Number is how you will tie this particular fund to your CMS.
- Select whether a fund is Tax Deductible. (Funds that are not tax deductible will be excluded from the Tax Report.)
- Select to allow donors to choose to give to the fund on behalf of an Associated Organization. It can be marked as required or optional. Check the box to display this fund on a parishes Online Giving site as well.
- Select the Deposit Account.
- Select Accepted Payment Types. The available payment types are visible because the organization enabled them. (Support can change the selections if necessary.) Select which of the available payment options you would like to accept for the fund.
- Select if you want to offer donors the option to Offset Credit Card processing costs. This will only be offered on the form if previously turned on in Settings.
- Select to display the fund on a public giving site. This allows donors to create gifts and pledges for this fund from the online giving page. Funds that are not online will be considered internal only funds.
- Schedule Fund Dates. The beginning and end dates will allow you to schedule when to accept donations. If the current date is before or after your scheduled fund date, the fund will not display in the public fund list. If you want the fund to be available right away, do not check the box.
- Enter Text to Give Fund Code for donors to easily reference the fund when sending text gifts. Code must start with a letter, be alphanumeric, and contain no spaces. Check this out for more information About the Text to Give Fund Code or on how to Create a Text to Give Fund Code when Setting up a New Online Fund.
- Click Continue to process and move forward through the form.
- Select if you would like to Add a Campaign to track a set goal. Campaigns help track the collection of a goal. Enter the goal, and start and end dates. The campaign can begin anytime but there can only be one campaign at a time.Check the box to show campaign progress and goal on the public site.
- Select to allow pledges to be made online. Check this out for more information to Set Up Fund to Enable Donors to Make Online Pledges.
- Select to send customized pledge statement emails which override the default gift statement message that can be sent to donors with pledges. Verify the reply to email, enter a subject line and craft the custom message utilizing rich text formatting tools. Click on Preview to see how it looks. Click on Close Preview to close preview and continue.
- Select to send customized pledge thank you emails which override the default thank you message that can be sent to donors with pledges. Verify the reply to email, enter a subject line and craft the custom message utilizing rich text formatting tools. Click on Preview to see how it looks. Click on Close Preview to close preview and continue.
- Add Additional Pledge Options by selecting the box of the desired options
- Click on Continue.
- Select if this is a Featured Fund. Featured funds have additional visual highlighting to draw attention to them. There can only be one featured fund at a time.
- Upload Fund Image. By uploading an image, you state that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the image.
- Enter a brief Description about the fund utilizing rich text formatting tools.
- Enter Suggested Gift Amounts. Enter the amount, click on the plus sign, or press enter, and the amount will populate in the box.
- Select the box to provide a special note input area for the donor to create notes on a Gift or Pledge. (ie in memory of…)
- Click Continue.
- If desired, check Add custom confirmation message. The message will greet your online donors once they have set up their online gift. It can be edited anytime from the fund detail screen. Create a a custom message using the rich text formatting tools.
- If desired, check Add custom email thank you message to the email that will be sent to the donor once their gift has been submitted. Create a a custom message using the rich text formatting tools. A custom email thank you message can be enabled or disabled in the future.
- Click Continue.
- Review and Edit Fund. To go to a specific section to edit, click on any pencil icon. To get back to the fund review screen, click on the number 5 circle.
- If desired, click on the button to Preview the Public Fund.
- Check this box if you are not ready to start accepting gifts. This sets the fund to draft. It can be set to live at anytime in the fund detail.
- Click on Create Fund.
- You are provided a live Parishioner Link that can be copied and shared via email or your website. You can also include it in your bulletins and newsletters.
- Click on the icon to go to the donor site to see the new fund.Check this out for links to more information on Funds.
Note* Visual steps are best viewed at full screen. Click Esc on your keyboard when you are finished viewing.